Thursday, February 16, 2012

Car Ownership: Making Your Vehicle Last Longer by Doing Things Right

been with the same company, USAA, since 1977. They are simply wonderful.
Another glance at my policy and I realized that I have had 32 vehicles since 1977. In that time I've had a vehicle stolen, I've had a vehicle backed into in a parking lot, another vehicle broken into, wheels ripped off, hail damage and more. I even damaged one of my own cars while it was sitting in the garage. With each incident, I learned something, and I'd like to share a few of my top tips.
Do You Need an Indoor Car Cover for Your Vehicle?
I've always been a sports car buff. As a young man I had visions of a bright red Ferrari in the garage. That never happened, but I did buy a two year old Fiat X/19 and customized the heck out of it with custom body work, a beautiful interior with Recaro seats, and a Borg Warner K27 turbo to make things exciting. I painted the car Attract-a-COP red in the style of the old Ferrari 512bb with satin black from the belt line down.